Lunch: Zucchini Soup
Ellen Lupton makes zucchini soup in 31 seconds. Video and recipe.
How to Make Zucchini Soup
1. Chop one large onion and 4 or 5 stalks of celery.
2. Peel and chop four medium-sized zucchini or other summer squash and one large potato.
3. Saute onions and celery in a generous pour of olive oil.
4. Add chopped zucchini and potato.
5. Cover with water and bring to a boil and add four ears of shucked corn. Cook corn for five minutes and remove from soup. Slice kernels off the cobs. For sweeter soup, return cobs to soup.
6. Cook soup for 30 minutes or so.
7. Remove cobs as needed. Puree soup with immersion blender. Add chopped basil and puree again. Add corn kernels. Adjust seasoning (soup will need salt!). Add water if soup is too thick. Heat soup again to serving temperature.